Friday, December 18, 2009

Cake Tips



Cake Tips

For a moist cake: let cool 5 minutes then wrap in plastic and freeze until you frost. It will be easier to frost and yummier to eat.

If you live in high altitude add 1/4 c. flour.

Instead of spraying the pan with PAM mix equal parts crisco, flour, and oil. This can be stored in the cupboard or refrigerator. Brush this on the pan sides and bottom and the cake will come right out. I added 1/4 C of each and saved the rest.

I made this cake using fondant. I love working with fondant. It is like using play-dough.

4 comments:

  1. I'd like your fondant recipe. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good Caroline! I'm going to attempt gluten free baking this next year! Maybe it is not even worth it but we'll give it a shot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tips for cake making.
    It is so great to have you in my Activity Day group.
    Any ideas for Activity Days that you would like to do?
    I'm sure your blog will be one of my favorites!
    Sister Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline - pretty cake! How do you make fondant? My friend bought some here in Mexico CIty and it was $70!!!!! So I have to learn!

    ReplyDelete